Miami Federal Credit Union has been serving Federal employees, Civilian employees, Military personnel of the U.S. government, employees of the State of Florida, and employees of the municipal government, who work in or have headquarters in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Monroe County, and Palm Beach County since 1954. With a high rating from the NCUA, the credit unions’ regulatory agency, Miami Federal is a strong and financially sound institution. As a result, we can offer our members and their family members a wide range of flexible and convenient financial services at very competitive rates.
Who can join?
Employees and their family members who work in or have headquarters in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Monroe County, and Palm Beach County, FL
- Federal government
- Subcontractor employees of the Federal government
- Miami-Dade County
- City of Miami
- State of Florida
- Municipal government
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, who work in Miami
- The Wilkie D. Ferguson Scholarship Fund
- Voting members of the Neighbors and Neighbors Association, Inc.
- Economic Opportunities Family Health Center, Inc.
- IXE Dollar Express, Inc.
- Tools For Change/Black Economic Development Coalition, Inc.
- Bethel Apostolic Temple, Inc.
- First Church of North Miami Congregational
- Members of the Advisory Councils and the Board of Directors
- Health Systems Agency of South Florida
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; honorably discharged veterans of any branch of the United States Armed Forces; volunteers, employees of this credit union; members of their immediate family or household; organizations of such persons and corporate or legal entities in this charter.
As a member of Miami Federal Credit Union, your family members are entitled to all our services and benefits. These benefits include higher yields on shares (savings) , no minimum balance, no monthly service fee for share draft (checking), lower borrowing rates on loans, 24/7 access to your account, lower cost financial products and more.
If you do not qualify, but would like to be eligible to join, contact us for eligibility as a Member Company.
“Once a Member, Always a Member!” because whether you move, retire, or simply quit working at one of our member companies, you and your family members are always welcome to remain a member of Miami Federal Credit Union.
Please download the application and fill in the information requested. Although all membership applications must be completed in one of our four branch offices, preparing the application in advance will speed up the account opening process.
|Joint Membership Application|
|Statement of Membership Eligibility Form|
|Account Designation Form|
Please do not hesitate to contact a member services representative at (305) 377-1017 for more information and join today!
USA PATRIOT ACT DISCLOSURE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see your driver’s license, or other identifying documents.
You must bring in at least one of the valid ids listed below:
Current State of Florida Driver License
Current driver license issued by another state
Current State of Florida ID Card
Current identification issued by another state
Current US Passport/Passport Card
Current Alien ID issued by the US Government
Current US Military ID